03 December 2009

You keep asking why - Original Poem

So many colours washed over canvas
Expressions up on face
Nose, mouth, teeth, and eyes
Words empty, and words full
Words that fill and tell...
words of heaven and words of hell.

The things you've said
cement in my head...

I love you again.

The thoughts and feelings that change
my life a song..notes rearranged

Beautiful maple neck
strings of nickel and copper
smooth vibrations
angry screech of desolation

Messed up Government
and a fucked up nation
hate that drives love
and hopelessness...

My eyes Burn.

You were there
and now you disappear
you've gone away again..

I miss you.

The things you changed
my life so strange...
interesting, a word in the least..

Your eyes, your smile
the words we share..
A world so broken and yet so put
TOGETHER..
"try as you might" you said, " you'll never work it out...it just is and that's why."

The music, the pain, the sorrow,
the tears, the anger..
Shouting.

I feel alive
but wonder if I'm dead inside.

The questions, they keep me going
waking up hoping to be just a day closer..
to an answer
or at least a reason..

EDL and BNP
Music, art, and anarchy
Sid Vicious, and Johnny Rotten
teenage angst long forgotten

Hatred and isolation
trying to keep it together in a divided nation
The country i hate
and the country i love
Trying to leave...just want to be there..
It's where I'm meant to be

Colour
Acrylic
Pop art and DADA
Rene Magritte and the strangers i meet
Andy Warhol
Roy Lichtenstein as well
Ian Curtis for so many reasons i cannot begin to tell

She's lost control again...

Worn out eyes
and a tired smile
i haven't felt a thing in quite a while
but then there you are

A year and a half i have spoken to you
talked and talked about where, what and who..
music we love, and music we hate..
our fucked up countries and my fucked up state..
Of mind.

Words so sweet, and words so kind..
words that break and then remind..
you're not quite there yet..

The Libertines
and my fucked up dreams..
i believed i was there..

Days spent in the library, reading those same pages and titles again and again..
Art, Music, words, thoughts and feelings
FILMS

Maybe I'm just trainspotting again
a clockwork orange
J.D. Salinger
The Mighty Boosh
The Beatles, The Beatles, The Beatles..

John Lennon said Imagine,
and i did just that..
Imagined a world of nothing..
an empty white room, and there i sat
I filled empty pages
and painted blank canvas
Put my dreams down on paper..
for everyone to see.

No comments: